Here’s a list of some of the most successful people ever throughout modern history who never let individual failures stop them:
- Henry Ford – Failed in his early business projects and was left broke 5 times before he founded Ford Motor Company.
- R. H. Macy – Founder of the Macy’s department store, R.H. Macy started 7 failed businesses before finally hitting it big with his store in New York City.
- Walt Disney – Walt Disney was fired by a newspaper editor because “he lacked imagination and had no good ideas.” After that, he started a number of businesses that didn’t last long and ended with bankruptcy and failure.
- Albert Einstein – Einstein didn’t speak until he was four and didn’t read until he was seven, which made his teachers and parents think he was mentally handicapped, slow, and anti-social.
- Jerry Seinfeld – The first time he walked on stage he froze and was jeered and booed off stage. Do you think he quit after that? Nope. The very next night he came back and completed his set to laughter and applause.
“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavour” Truman Capote
“You either rise to your greatness or you fall to your weakness.”
“If you are going through hell – keep going!”
“Sometimes it is the artist’s task to find out how much music you can still make with what you have left.” Itszak Perhlman
“The more you experience living your dreams, the more your dreams become your living experience.” Marelin Thornton.
Your attitude determines if you are on the way or in the way.
Gratitude beats complaining on an energetic level any day.
State of being graceful = state of being grateful.
“Your gratitude has the power to shift energy from negative to positive. It changes the chemical balance in your body from toxic to healing. Discouragement and depression cannot survive a powerful dose of genuine gratitude.” (G. Richard Rieger)
“In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy.” – David Steindl-Rast
If you love life, life will love you back.
“Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.” Langston Hughes
Quotes re Fear
Fantasy Expectations Appearing Real – the acronym
Fear takes unsupported premises about impending doom, amplifies them and presents the alleged results as inevitable failure. (Molly Gordon)
Fear is the worst kind of grave, because it buries one alive. ~ Beth Fantaskey
Fear can force obedience, but it can never transform a heart. ~ Stacey Jay
What you fear will not go away; it will take you into yourself and bless you and keep you. That’s the world, and we all live there. ~ William Stafford
Fear kills everything. Your mind, your heart, your imagination. ~ Cornelia Funke
Children have a lesson adults should learn, to not be ashamed of failing, but to get up and try again. Most of us adults are so afraid, so cautious, so ‘safe,’ and therefore so shrinking and rigid and afraid that it is why so many humans fail. Most middle-aged adults have resigned themselves to failure. ~ Malcolm X
It’s better to die laughing than to live each moment in fear. ~Unknown
One is never afraid of the unknown; one is afraid of the known coming to an end. ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it. ~ C. JoyBell C.
Imagine not being frightened by any feeling. Imagine knowing that nothing will destroy you, that you are beyond any feeling and state. Bigger than. vaster than. That there is no reason to use drugs because anything a drug could do would pale in comparison to knowing who you are.~ Geneen Roth
Find what you are afraid of, face it, and then you won’t be afraid of it anymore. ~ Marilyn Manson