Pyroluria can cause life-long Anxiety notes Joan Mathews Larson PhD.
She notes that pyroles are worthless by-products of red blood cell production and that most people have few of these in their blood, but some people have elevated levels, which causes problems.
Pyroles are elevated in 11% of Normals, 25% Disturbed Children, 30% Schizophrenics,
40% Psychiatric Patients, 50% Alcoholics
Pyroles cause a loss of Vitamin B6 and Zinc. A deficiency of vitamin B6 and zinc is what causes the anxiety and depression. A lack of vitamin B6 leads to a deficiency of dopamine and serotonin which causes the anxiety and depression.
Signs of Pyroluria
1. Do you have white spots or flecks on your fingernails?
2. Do you have opaquely white or tissue paper-thin nails?
3. Are you a nail bitter?
4. Do you have poor dream recall or nightmares?
5. Are you becoming a loner as you age?
6. Do you experience nausea or prefer not to eat breakfast?
7. Does your face sometimes look swollen while under a lot of stress?
8. Have you been anxious, fearful, or felt a lot of inner tension since childhood, but successfully hid this from others?
9. Do you have bouts of depression and/or nervous exhaustion?
10. As a child, did you get a stitch in your side as you ran?
11. Do you tend to focus internally on yourself rather than on the external world?
Pyrroles can be measure with a simple urine test.
Bio-Center Lab, 3100 North Hillside, Wichita, Kansas 67219, (316) 684-7784 phone
Jim Jackson, PhD
She also notes the urine must be sent properly, or you are wasting your time.
Be aware, that if you ask your doctor about this, my guess is they will tell you “This complete and utter nonsense.” But what they are really saying is, “I know nothing about it, therefore, I assume it is nonsense.”
As the Nobel Prize-winning chemist, Linus Pauling said, “When your colleagues aren’t up on it, they’re down on it.”
Remember, when they figured out that bacteria causes ulcers, most doctors said, “This is complete and utter nonsense.”
Remember, when they figured out that homocysteine was an independent risk factor for heart disease, most scientists said “This is complete and utter nonsense.”
Remember, when they told doctors to wash their hands before delivering babies because there was something on their hands that was infecting the mothers, most doctors said “This is complete and utter nonsense.”
So, just realize, that if your doctor tells you, “This is complete and utter nonsense,” realize where they are coming from.
If you are a doctor, please test this theory for yourself.
Please realize that if pyroluria is causing your anxiety and depression, antidepressants like Prozac and Zoloft cannot possibly help because they have nothing to do with this.
This was noted by Joan Mathews Larson, PhD in a speech she gave in September 2007.
For 30 years, Joan Mathews Larson, PhD has been treating addiction, anxiety and depression with natural supplements in order to correct the underlying biochemical problems which cause these conditions.
Dr. Larson is the author of “7 Weeks to Sobriety”, “Depression Free”, and “7 Weeks to Emotional Healing”.